Monday, November 3, 2008

1 And 333

I have been blogging for 1 year TODAY!  Here's a look back at my first post.  I never thought I'd have anything to say.  I wasn't sure who would ever read this thing and what exactly a blog even was.  After a few months I really got the hang of it.  333 posts later I am addicted.  But I'd like to know what motivates YOU to keep blogging?  Now, I KNOW I have some shy readers, but I'd really like to hear from you.  If you don't have a blog, I want to know what draws you back to your computer to keep reading more?  

What it is for me...

1-A place of my own -  a place where I can be free to say what I want to say

2-Sometimes it's just nice to know I'm not alone - whether I'm reading a blog or writing my own post it's nice to hear that other's are going through similar situations.

3 - A place to keep in touch - I have family in CO, VA, NC, FL, MD and friends ALL OVER.  It's an easy way to stay connected and share information and pictures so we don't seem so far apart.

4 - Keeps Me Accountable - I like to journal things that God is teaching me and things I'm working on.  I am more prone to stick to it if other's know what I'm working on=)

5 - So we can learn from each other - I try to be open and honest.  If I've learned a lesson the hard way I would love to be an encouragement to someone else to try it a different/better way!  And, just look at what I've learned from other's blogs!!!

6 - Cheap, easy hobbie - I don't have to pay for ANYTHING!!!  I can blog as little or as much as I want...


So, don't be shy, tell me why do you blog and what got you hooked?

4 comments:

Monica said...

I enjoy blogging. I like finding new friends! Its a fun outlet to be creative and I too like to be held accountable!

Monica said...

P.S. I tagged you for an award.

Patrice said...

Happy 1 year anniversarry! That's exciting! :)
For me, I just love to write and have somewhere to share my stories, and that's what motivated me to blog! Plus, the sense of community with all the built-in friends is great, too! I love "meeting" new people!

K said...

I like knowing that I'm not alone in some of the craziness that is my life! I learn so much from other bloggers (for example, today I am planning to head to Aldi and maybe blog about it, and it's all because of reading your post about Aldi and following the links you provided- thanks!) Congrats on your first year blog anniversary!