Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm Gonna Miss...

The fall...it's my favorite time of year

Ice...oh how I love ice, and being that we can't drink the water, and ice is made from the water, ice is a no go for the next 6 weeks

My pillows...don't worry, I'm packing my favorite one, but when I'm pregnant I'm usually surrounded by nice, fluffy pillows

My bed...

Dependable internet and electricity...

My girlfriends...I've really been blessed with so many sweet friends that surround me and I'm going to miss them dearly

Dependable warm water

Familiar food

A washing machine...I'm really gonna miss this one:)
_________________________________________________.

But I CANNOT wait for...

The familiar burning smell of Uganda...I know, it may sound weird, and I may regret writing this as I'll be pregnant this time around, but that smell brings back so many sweet memories

The beautiful land...

The crazy animals...I can't wait to show the kids all the monkeys in the trees and the lizards in our bedrooms:)

The unforgettable people of Uganda...

The red clay...it sticks to everything and can't hardly be washed out of your clothes, but there's just something about it that I love

The sweet kids in the orphanage...I can't wait to see their smiling faces

But there is one of those kids, in particular, that I can't wait to wrap my arms around and call "daughter".

There is so much to look forward to!!!

6 comments:

Kelly Via said...

You may miss some things, but it will be worth trading in those things for a season for this moment in your journey. Savor it all; before you know it you'll be back home and your time in Uganda will be a memory. Oh, and don't forget to get that camera out of it's bag! ;) (your fam won't be there taking 1,000,000 pictures!!)

We will be missing you too!!

Tracy said...

So excited for you, Tasha!! Can't wait to see pics of you all with her!

Stacey said...

Looking forward to all God has for you! Just look at her, looking at you....

PRECIOUS

the broomes said...

Ok...seriously....I can't read your blog lately without getting chills!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! It makes me giddy thinking of the amazing adventure you all are about to take together....and wow, I love that pic of alethia!! Prayer s for you, dear friend!

Carla Mitchell said...

I am excited for you and the family to start this wonderful journey. She is a sweet and adorable little girl. I miss seeing all the kids at the orphanage.

PS....Love the picture :)

Unknown said...

Awww, this is going to be such an awesome experience for all of you!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home :)