Friday, September 23, 2011

What To Expect When You're Expecting...#5 - Weeks 17-20

So, that little baby bump that would be oh-so-tiny when you woke up in the morning, but would grow with every meal you ate throughout the day will no longer fluctuate in size.  You are full-fledged, 100% showing now!

People will no longer come up to you asking if you've put on a little weight, but will instead ask when you are due.  That question will then immediately be followed by, "Aren't you adopting?!":)

Your absentmindedness will continue to increase. No surprise there.

The fact that you have problems brushing your teeth are now becoming a problem.  Invest in some mouth wash...please!

The fact that you are pregnant has finally begun to sink in, but let's accomplish the pick-up of #4 first:)

Your 5-year-old will continue to ask if you have gotten that baby out of your tummy yet.  He'll be ready to sweet that sweet wrinkly face.

Your 6-year-old will continue to remind you of how much bigger you are getting day-by-day, but the look on her face when she gets to feel the baby move is priceless!

Your 2-year-old will continue to be oblivious to the shrinking lap that he frequents on an hourly basis, making it more and more uncomfortable as he plops down for cuddle time.

Your 31-year-old husband will continue to look down at your growing belly and smile in sweet anticipation of its arrival.
_______________________________________________
Yes, I am definitely showing now.  You know that 4 pounds that I'd gained by the last little update?  Let's just say that I've gained, ahem, a little more by this check-up:)

We've had some issues regarding Malaria prevention medication for me.  I am unable to take the safer meds because I'm pregnant, and the one that I should be able to take (which can cause hallucinations and panic attacks) I'm unable to take because of my anxiety medication.  I've gotten several opinions and I've had to choose if I'd rather get Malaria or have anxiety during this process overseas.  You can definitely be in prayer for us over this issue.  I'm not worried about it, but Josh has seen the effects of Malaria first-hand and is a little, um, paranoid concerned.  Especially since my OB told me that Malaria can be deadly to a fetus, even if the mother comes out okay.  We're just running out of time to decide...

I'm still having bouts of nausea.  I'm pretty ready for that to be gone, but I still can't complain:)

The little flutters in my belly have turned into kicks and somersaults.  I love feeling little hick-ups, even though I'm not sure they are as sweet to the victim bouncing around inside as a result of them, ha!

So, I've reached the half-way mark and going strong.

Here's a quick 20-week belly shot for the scrapbook;)

Oh, and here's a quick "Thank You" to all my friends and family who have clothed this pregnant belly lately, since I still can't fit into any of my maternity clothes:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so adorable!!

Stacey said...

You are just beautiful! Love the belly update! Will be praying for you about the Malaria thing. No worries!

=)

Joan said...

Clearly I've been away from my blog way too long. I miss it dearly.. But I could have sworn the last time I visited you were pregnant before? Are you pregnant again? =)