Monday, October 27, 2008

Full

Joy, Godfrey and Josh

Wow, what a fulfilling weekend!  We left the conference on Friday afternoon and headed straight to Knightdale where our kids were.  As soon as naps were over we packed up the kids and drove to Raleigh, where another one of Josh's brothers lives, and had a cookout with Godfrey and Joy Wanamitsa from Arise Africa in Uganda, Africa.  They are like family.  Josh lived with them in Uganda for a summer before we got married.  They lead a GREAT ministry there.

Then, we got up the next morning and headed over to Uncle Pal and Aunt Jenn's house for a QUICK visit.  

Then, we headed over to visit our friends Cam and Lynn Wooten.  They have an AMAZING story of Cam's battle with leukemia.  They look back and see how God orchestrated the whole event and used it for His glory!  It was SOOO good to see them.

We got home late, which means the kids went to sleep LATE, only to wake them back up at 6:30am to get to Carmel to lead worship for their 2 early contemporary services then head over to our home church for the GRAND OPENING of the new building.  

After a LONG nap we went back up to church for CharlotteONE rehearsal for the CD Release on Tuesday!

What a GREAT weekend for us!!  What did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

Homecoming weekend at NGU...it was pretty fun. We actually won the football game. The kids got to ride on the BSU float and LOVED it.

Yesterday after church I went to a baby shower for Cortney Broadwell. Remember Jeffrey Broadwell? Josh should at least from a Uganda trip, when they came to Hoima.

Tony C said...

Sounds like a pretty full weekend!

I broadcasted a high school football game Friday night for a local radio station (my 16th year), gave drum lessons to a few kids from church on Saturday then hung out with my ladies, worship service Sunday morning, Praise Team and Choir practice before Sunday night study.

I love being around my church family on weekends. It always lifts me up. God is so good to us.

sheltonfamily said...

You guys are so busy. I don't know how you keep up with everything sometimes. We went to MIke's 10 yr. h.s. reunion. It was pretty funny and a good time!

Unknown said...

Mmmm...sounds like a fantabulous weekend!

I lazed around Saturday w/ a cold and in my jammas (except when I went out to help get the escaped cows in--I added boots and robe then).

Sunday church, lunch, and my grandma and parents arrived for 'tea' and dinner. Hooray.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

what did i do this weekend? not a 1/4th of what you did girlfriend! lol amazing stuff..love the pic of hubby and friends.

thanks for the prayers for my boy. surgery went great and in a few weeks he'll be good as new..:)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, am loving the cd. How would you like to go about a giveaway? How many? I guess is the question. And what other info do you want me to include? I think it will be fun. H