Monday, October 27, 2008

Aldi - The Real Scoop

When Josh was in seminary, and before we had kids (I had a little more time on my hands), I was really trying to pinch pennies to make ends meet.  We just thought we had no time and money then=)  Anyway, one day I took THE WHOLE DAY and made a spreadsheet of things that were staples at our house and went to ALL the stores in the area that I could get groceries from.  From most expensive to least expensive this included: Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods, Food Lion and Super Target (we didn't have a Wal-Mart there at the time).  The majority of my list was cheaper at Super Target.  

Well, fast forward 2 moves, 2 kids and 1 self-supported ministry later and we are learning how to stretch a dollar even further!

Recently I found the store Aldi and fell in love with it.  I knew I was saving money but never really did an in-depth study like I did a few years ago.  But, guess what I found today?? Someone else did the work for me.  She compared Aldi prices with Wal-mart prices for the same items.  Look at how much money she is saving!  Go check out this link and then go visit Aldi and save some money=)

2 comments:

Brandie said...

I live in Amarillo :) My husband is from Tulia, TX. I am from Pampa, TX. :) Small World :) I added you to my blog..

Jen said...

I would shop at Aldi's way more- if it was closer to me. You can definitely get a lot for a little there.