Thursday, August 28, 2008

Road Rules - #1

BE FLEXIBLE

With all the questions I get concerning being a mother of 2 on the road while working alongside my husband, I thought that I'd start answering some of the top questions I get.  Not that I have all the answers or even have it all together, because nothing could be farther from the truth, but I hope to be an encouragement to you through this trial and error process. 

The #1 question I get in e-mails and talking to other moms is, "How in the world do you do it?".   

Here's my answer: I DON'T DO IT!!!  I believe God has called us to do what we do and God alone will give us what we need to make it happen.  I am continually asking God to give me patience and endurance with the kids, wisdom while I try to balance everything, and above all, that people would see God through me.  

If you know me at all you know that I am a routine girl!  If I don't have consistency I feel so out of it and I'm not quite sure how to fit everything in.  You know, like exercise, quiet time, planning meals, family devotions and the list goes on and on.   I need consistency.  This is one of those areas in my life where I believe God is doing all the work and He must get all the glory.  I'm still working on it because what we do is the farthest thing from consistent and familiar but I know God is good and he won't give me more than I can handle, even when I have days like THIS and feel like I can't do it any more.

So, we finally got home tonight and are almost completely unpacked with several piles of laundry stacked up to the ceiling , sippy cups full of curdled milk sitting in the sink because we can never keep up with them on the road, and we get ready for another round.  I just smile and thank God for who He is and trust Him to give me the flexibility that our family needs.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

love you tasha!

Kelly Via said...

Yummy...curdled milk. I love when I find those under the seats in our car:) You Rock Tash!! I know that our God helps you take care of your family while on the road - I mean...you are somewhere different all the time, going here and there, and still you keep it all together with a happy heart even!! It definitely takes His calling, that's for sure!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Yea, I love the curdled milk too...smells like dirty diaper when you take the top off and fills your house with that wonderful aroma =)

I look forward to reading these...I am amazed all the time at how you do it (let God do it thru you)!

Anonymous said...

awwwww.....hang in there. great blog:-)