Friday, August 29, 2008

Confessions Of A Perfectionist

I thought I had our finances all figured out for the rest of the month so we would have just enough for travel expenses this past week on the road. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, but I couldn't have been more wrong. For some reason I wanted to just check our balance a couple of days ago and to my horror we had a DREADED $88 service charge for overdraft/insufficient funds. AHHH! I couldn't believe it. I try so hard to keep everything so organized so this kind of stuff doesn't happen. After just a few short min. on the phone with the bank we found the problem and they took all the charges off and set up our overdraft protection account that was already supposed to be in place.

That's not all. One of my favorite parts of the day is checking the mail. I know, I know ... how old am I? But if you saw what I got in my mailbox everyday you wouldn't think it was THAT crazy=) I completely forgot to put our mail on hold last week before we left, another thing I could just kick myself over because, once again, I am ALWAYS on top of this kind of stuff. So, as soon as we got to VA I got on the internet to put it on hold until we got home, and after doing this so often I didn't think I needed to print off the receipt with the confirmation number. Well, we got home yesterday to NO mail so I thought, "oh, maybe I stopped the hold on Fri.", but alas no mail again today. There was NOTHING I could do about it on the internet because I didn't have the confirmation number ... of course ... so I had to drive 20 min. up the road to figure out what was going on. For some reason I didn't stop the hold until the 1st. What in the world. Oh well. Always lessons to learn, huh.

Oh there are plenty more stories where these came from but I won't bore you with the details=) Josh just laughs at me because he knows how hard I work at being "perfect" and not making any mistakes and I inevitably walk away with a mess on my hands. What else can you do but laugh, right?

3 comments:

Stonefox said...

I'm with you! I've given up being a perfectionist because it's either give it up or stay sane and laugh...so I try to stay sane! I have enjoyed reading your blog and finding out about you guys. You have a neat ministry. And to answer your question on my comment page, yes, we are "M's", but we don't say that outright for security reasons.

I'll be back to see how you're doing with the mail and those sippy cups with curdled milk! :)

Joy said...

We overdrew a couple months ago, much to my horror as well! Ugh, I just hate that feeling...

Anonymous said...

OOOHHHHH......i can sooooo relate to this!!!!!