Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Priceless

A bottle of Children's Tylenol for my sick little Zeke- $2.64
A bottle of Children's Motrin to alternate with Zeke's tylenol every 3 hours- $3.44

Pedialyte that Zeke won't even drink! - $5.24

Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea for my husband's croaky voice- $2.00

A box of Sudafed PE SC for my sick little husband - $4.99 (w/ a coupon of course)

A box of Sudafed PE SN for his other symptoms - $4.99 (w/ a coupon of course)

A Venti triple shot espresso that I'm going to buy so I can stay awake to take care of them today after being up with them all night!!  Some things just don't require a coupon or a sale=) - $4.00

Hearing the voices of God's people lifting up praise to Him above the sound of a full band - PRICELESS!!!!

This is what I have to remember when I am hours away from home, taking care of my sick family, feeling too tired to keep up this pace.  

**Please pray that Josh's fever will go away quickly and gain his energy back so we can lead worship for an incredible night at Two|Four on Wed.

P.S. I just spent more money today on things that I've already got at home than I would have for a whole weeks worth of groceries.  I think I'm going to put a basket together of this kind of stuff and stick it under the seat in the car for future reference!

6 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

Ugh...I HATE that! But you gotta do what you gotta do. Sorry you guys are sick. Being sick away from home is awful! Hang in there and enjoy that coffee!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Aw tash, I am always amazed at how you do it...and do it well! Yes, you ARE doing it well =)

We are praying for you guys.

Ashley said...

Tasha, don't forget to get new toothbrushes or soak yours in hot salt water or something. Sounds trivial, but you don't want to keep getting 'reinfected'. It always makes for a quicker recovery time, I think.

Stonefox said...

Found you on the mom blogs. We live away from home, too- overseas in Asia. Puts a whole new perspective on getting sick (and staying well!)

Abbey said...

Colds and coughs always break my weekly budget for the week - but its worth it.

I pray all of you are well soon.

sheltonfamily said...

so sad... i just prayed for you guys. I try to bring some stuff with me on trips as well. It does seem like everyone gets sick when we travel. It is so not fun. You are one tough mama!