Wednesday, April 15, 2015

This Unexplainable Truth


We plant seeds.
We water them.
We care for them.

And then we wait...

Wait for the seeds to take root.
Wait for the seeds to show some fruit.
Wait for some kind of growth.

~~~~~

I was talking with a friend of mine a few weeks ago and she was verbalizing her confusion with life and where she stood spiritually.  She didn't know how she felt about the whole God thing and was trying to "figure it all" in her head.

I left that conversation feeling so burdened for her.

The next morning as I was reading the Bible I was trying to read it through her eyes...

What would she be thinking about these very words.
What kinds of questions would be circulating in her mind.j
Where is the truth that she can tangibly cling to and believe in?

The more I thought about it, REALLY thought about it, the crazier this Christian life sounded to me.

To an outsider, an unbeliever, we must look insane.  We pray to someone we can't see.  We base every life decision through this lens of our belief.  We raise our hands and shout and sing like maniacs.  And the only thing I have to prove this Jesus guy is my lifestyle.  And through my testimony, my story.

And my eyes are opened more than ever to how important the Holy Spirit is in the Salvation process.

We can try to "explain" the life of a Christ follower until we are blue in the face, but until their heart is soft and those seeds take root they just aren't going to get it.

The disciples didn't even get much of what Jesus taught them until He had gone to heaven and they were left with the gift of the Holy Spirit who opened their eyes!

~~~~~

So keep planting those seeds.
Keep watering them.
And caring for them.

And for the love of God pray that their eyes will be opened and that their heart can grasp those roots.
Because God is the only one who can bring that growth.

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything,
but only God who gives the growth."
1 Corinthians 3:7

No comments: