Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Words Worth Remembering

Cai:"Mom, Alethia said that I was...wait, hold on.  ALETHIA!  WHAT  DID YOU SAY THAT I WAS?"
Alethia: "I did't say that you were bragging!"
Cai:"She said that I was bwagging but I was NOT."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom:"...and I was just thinking, 'whoa, that's TYI'."
My dad:"? TYI?"
My mom:"hahahaha...I mean TMI!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cai:"I still don't know how God started the worwed (ie.world)."
Me:"Well you wanna read how it happened from the Bible?"
Cai:"But I don't know how to read!"
Me:"I'm gonna read it TO you silly."
I begin reading the created account in Genesis 1
After day one...
Cai:"But how did it happen?"
Me:"God just used his words and everything obeyed what He said.  It's pretty amazing, huh."
Cai:"So He just said it and it happened?"
Me:"Yup."
...continuing on.
Then I got to the creation of the sun and moon...
Cai:"But how do we have sunshine and Uganda and the moon all at the same time?"
I went on to explain the orbiting process.  I thought I did a fabulous job!
Cai:"Can I go watch TV now?"

I suppose it's the little planted seeds that count, right?:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me:"What in the world am I going to do after I finish reading this book?"
Zeke:"I don't know, eat some chocolate or something?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh:"Cai, is mommy awake yet?"
Cai:"She's still in bed but her face is awake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Areyna:"I wonder if people who have punch buggies punch their kids all the time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cai: "I get some more of that chicken?"
Me:"What chicken? We didn't have chicken for dinner."
Cai:"The chicken that's in the fish."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainy:"Oh wow! Look at all those cows! Are those wild cows?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom while telling me a story:"...and what did she call it?  I think she called it her 'baby daddy'."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zeke singing:"Sweeeeet home of the Llama."
Me:"Um, Zeke, it's 'Sweet home ALABAMA"
Zeke:"Well, that doesn't make sense! What in the world is that?!"
Me:"It's a state, like NC, silly.  It's a song about that state being a home to the singer. The place where he lives."
Zeke:"...Oooooohhhh..."

1 comment:

Emily said...

It's funny how little kids say the funniest things as well as the "older generation". But not us- we are normal. ;)