Friday, March 30, 2012

Fun Facts For Friday

Jude is at it again.  He gave me a 7 hour stretch on Wednesday AND Thursday nights and it was oh so wonderful.

In fact, it was so wonderful that I got motivated to hit the gym!  Yes, I went and worked out for the first time in I don't know when, since I got my 6 week clearance on Tuesday.  I have knee issues from college soccer so I decided to take it easy and went for the bicycling instead of the treadmill.  It felt incredible!

Yesterday was one of those days.  You know, the kind where you feel like you have been cleaning up messes all day and you just can't keep up with the pace of your kid's destruction?  I'm so glad yesterday is over and we get to start a fresh day today!

We began our straw bale garden this week.  I'm so excited about it this year.  I have a new motivation.  We are going to pick a small handful of things to grow and just try to do those few things well.  The kids are super pumped to plant the garden.  We've just gotten the "fenced in area" (that's for you Andrew) prepped and started watering the bales.  I'll keep you updated on how it goes.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about you can see our garden from last year and join us:)

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law leave in less than a week (5 days to be exact!) to begin the overseas part of their adoption process.  They are adopting Alethia's best friend from the babies home.  Alethia's response: "Me no share Laiti!!!"  We may have some issues with Chloe Laiti living at her cousin's house and not here, ha!

I've been a book reading fool.  I know you're thinking, "SHUT UP!" But I'm for real.  I go through these kinds of reading frenzies about twice a year and really enjoy myself.  I'm not sure what happens the rest of the year...maybe having 5 kids is part of it, ha!  Anyway, I just finished 2 (Sifted and a Potty Training book), I'm about to dive into 2 more (a marriage book and a parenting book) and am in the middle of two others (Bible Studies).  That would probably be the reason for the inconsistent blogging...that and the fact that I have 5 kids now.  Yeah, I still have five kids, it wasn't a figment of my imagination, ha!

Josh and I usually go to the actual theatre to see a movie about twice a year and since we were celebrating our anniversary last weekend, and since we were kid-less (except for Jude, but when you have 5 and go to 1 who primarily eats and sleeps he doesn't really count:), and since we wanted to see what all the hype was all about, and since this is the longest run-on sentence in the history of man, we decided to go check out The Hunger Games.  Now, we haven't read the books yet...YET...but I am most certainly going to start after seeing the movie.  I really enjoyed it!

I'm really excited for Holy Week.  I'd love to get some new ideas to do this year...hint, hint;)

Sorry for the long, wordy post.  I'm in a giddy mood today.  It has NOTHING to do with the new ALDI that just opened up down the street, or the freedom I found in putting a diaper back on Cai today, knowing full well that he may very well be in them until college:)

OK, for real...

Happy Friday Ya'll!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I love your fenced in area!