Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fun Facts For Friday - On Thursday

For some reason Zeke always puts his jammies on when we are getting ready for bed, even though he takes them off before actually climbing up his ladder to get in bed.  He likes to sleep in his undies:)  That's just one of the reasons I love that boy!

Another thing that makes me love him is when he bursts out of his bedroom in the morning screaming, "I need to get the smacko!!!!  There is a big red ant on the floor!"  The "smacker" is the fly swatter, but when it comes out of his mouth it is so stinkin' cute!

I love that Areyna is doing school with her daddy right now and cramming in today and tomorrow's lessons so she can be done for VACATION!  She is a self-motivated little girl and when she is determined nothing will slow her down:)

I love how Cai has started wanting me to cuddle in his bed with him at night.  I went in the other night because he has a tendency to kick the wall next to his bed when he is asleep and it scares the heebly-jeeblies out of me, especially when I'm alone!  So, when I went in to gently shift him in his bed he half-way opened his eyes, poked his pillow and told me "nite-nite".  He wanted me to lay down with him and cuddle.  *smiles* *melting heart* *contentment* *sigh*

I love how my husband knows me.  He has been so busy trying to tie up all his loose ends with the Journey Worship project and our ministry that he has been gone at all hours of the day.  He has been working so hard to help us get our family to Uganda.  Which leaves me to try to run around and get little details faxed, or bought, or copied, with all the kids.  We set aside last night as my shopping night so I could get a big chunk of things checked off our get-ready-to-go-to-Uganda list, because he knows I need that time.

So, when he got home last night he said through a big smile, "Why are you still here?!  Get out of here and don't come back until the kids are in bed!:)"

So I did.  I left them to their dinner plans I'd prepared and went on my merry way.  I had been perfecting my list of things we needed to purchase all week so I was ready.  I walked up and down the medicine isles making sure we had everything we needed for every possible ailment.  I may have stopped by the Starbucks in Target to partake in a Pumpkin Spice Latte too...ahhhh....

It was a glorious night of accomplishing things, having alone time and being in my favorite store;)

So now, we have our plane tickets (we leave in 17 days, by the way!), we have our prescriptions and antibiotics, we have every other kind of thing you could think of that you might need to live in Uganda for 6 weeks...except for...well, I guess I'll always have a few things I've forgotten, but it sure feels good to have the majority of the stuff checked off!

In other news, I have a very important baby appointment tomorrow!  Any guesses as to what the tie-breaker baby will be?  After bringing home Alethia we'll have 2 boys and 2 girls...hmmmm...what do you think?!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Are you really going to find out? I'm soooo excited! Yay!