Thursday, March 31, 2011

From Chaos To Control: The Mail


It may come as a surprise to you that I like to organize.  Actually, "like" is an understatement.  You know how some people thrive off of controversy, others thrive on taking risks while others thrive through playing music?  That is pretty much the same feeling I get when I can organize something successfully.

I've had people ask me about specific things around my house and how I keep them in order.


So I thought it would be fun to do a series on organization.

We'll start simply, don't worry.

Mail is something you receive every day.  It can really stack up quickly and get out of control before you know it.

Here is a simple way to keep your mail in order to help keep control of clutter in your house.

In fact, I do this on the way up our driveway after getting the mail out of the box.

Sort it. Immediately.

Walk straight to the trash can and throw away the junk.
Put the coupons in your coupon bin (there is no need to cut them immediately, just put them in the appropriate place)
Place the bills on your desk or with your other bills and checkbook items.

It's that simple.  It is one of the first things that begins to start piling up in a house, but one of the easiest to sort and begin organizing on a day-to-day basis.

No comments: