Thursday, February 24, 2011

Music To My Ears - Music For The Quiet Times

Josh and I love to listen to music.  That's no surprise, I'm sure!  There is hardly ever a time in this house when we don't have music going.

We have a few albums that we listen to on a regular basis in the mornings when it is quiet and we are spending time with our Lord.  Usually something calm and quiet to help us focus on the One we are trying to get to know.

Here are a few faithful albums that we enjoy during our quiet mornings together with our Lord.

Jonsi and Alex - Riceboy Sleeps
Sigur Ros - Any of their albums
Unwed Sailor - The Marionette And The Music Box
Johann Johannsson - Fordlandia
Album Leaf - Any of their albums

Do you listen to music during your quiet times with the Lord, or any other times that quiet come in your house, and if you do, what is your favorite?  Maybe you prefer silence?  I'd love to hear about it!  Besides we're always looking for new tunes to listen to:)

3 comments:

Kaitlin Neal said...

I just became a fan of David Nevue for my quiet times!

Joan said...

If we ever get quiet time in our house, which is rare, I personally prefer nothing. We love music too. I'm a big music lover. We don't normally listen to christian stations or anything in particular.. Although I'm always in the mood for DC Talk or Shout to the lord, which is one of my all time fav songs from church. Pandora radio is another fav because we can get a variety of everything. I grew up on music my Dad was a musician and was the Worship leader at the church we went to, It's in my blood and I'll listen to almost anything =)

Tiffany said...

I love to listen to Jon Foreman during my quiet times or anytime we just need to chill out :)