Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For All Of Those Who Have Made Me, Me

I have:

a father who taught me that everything has a place, and that you should listen to a man of few words, because when he does speak those words are going to be full of wisdom.

a mother who taught me that love and servanthood can be shown through a lovely home-cooked meal to those who need it most, and that a long-distance prayer can make everything feel so much better.

a sister who has taught me everything I needed to know to get me through my pregnancies.

a brother-in-law who taught me how to co-lead an interpretive dance...thank you smelly-welly, ha:)

a brother who taught me that you really can have a passion for rap AND opera.

a sister-in-law who taught me that no family is too strange to marry into, we love you!

in-laws who have shown me that generosity has no bounds and that families should stick together, no matter what.

a brother-in-law who taught me that I shouldn't be afraid of confrontation.

a sister-in-law who showed me exactly what was in the food I've been eating;)

a brother-in-law that has made me see that I shouldn't take myself too seriously.

a sister-in-law who is teaching me to "gather my thoughts" before I talk...oh and that leftover pork chops go in the sock drawer.

a brother-in-law who taught me that you don't have to be loud to be heard in a large family;)

a sister-in-law who showed me the most amazing Way2Save money!

a brother-in-law who has taught me that the man behind the scenes is just as important as the one up on stage.

a sister-in-law that has taught me that you don't only learn from those older than you.

a brother and sister-in-law remind me of being a newlywed and that we all need medication sometimes:)

a husband who teaches me everyday who I really am inside and makes me want to be a better reflection of the One who made me.

a daughter who reminds me that she is watching every move I make.

a son who takes it upon himself to teach me patience every day!

a daughter who has taught me that a little really is a lot.

a son who is teaching me how to really stretch our grocery budget.

a small group and church family who pour into our family and our life, in every circumstance.

And that's not to mention so many other friends who encourage me to be a better mom, teach me to persevere in every circumstance, remind me that friendships can last, even after a move, speak truth into my life, have taught me how to cloth diaper, a true life essential:)

But, above all, I have a God who has shown me unconditional love and who has given me a freedom to be...me!

Who has spoken into your life?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say that for the Via family and their multiplication rate, Cloth Diapering lessons were certainly in order! Glad I was able to help out! :)

(Seriously. Thanks for including me. I may steal this idea. This is great.)

Kelly Via said...

Very sweet, and very fun blog. I really like this idea. Loved reading it!

Anonymous said...

Tasha, you are precious! For as much as all these have taught you life lessons, so you have taught so many (including myself) what it means to be a Proverbs 31 woman.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

i love this idea. but really, all i've taught you is how to gather your thoughts? =)!!! you made me laugh!