Monday, July 26, 2010

Not Me Monday

It's a good thing my kids are always so grateful and thankful, never complaining or whining about anything.

But even if they were rolling around on the porch in the backyard complaining about playing outside, and about the grass that was wet with dew, and the wiggly shoes on their feet, I'd never throw my hands up and say, "Forget it, I'm not going to listen to you whine anymore. I'm done. Go sit in your room until I feel like hearing you again." What kind of mother talks to their children like that anyway?!

And since my kid's actions never surprise me, especially if we'd had such a long morning, when I walked into the play room to tell the kids we were going to go meet some cousins at Chick-Fil-A (and that they could finally come out of their rooms) I most certainly did not find all the contents of the diaper bag all over the floor,

two children staring back at me with mouths full of snacks,

sitting in piles of cracker crumbs.

And...

since that most certainly did not happen I NEVER stared blankly at them...

slowly turning around and walking away, speechless,

all the way to my bedroom.

And thank goodness that would never happen because then I'd have to shut my bedroom door and lock myself in so I could take a shower in peace and gain my composure...again.

Because, I'd never do a thing like that!

Nope, not me.

2 comments:

Shannon Bradley said...

Tasha! I am crying for two reasons...seriously...1. because I am laughing so hard, and 2. because I have had this kind of day for 2 weeks with the oldest two and feel like giving up!...thanks for the little reminder that maybe I am not alone in my irritability and imperfect children! ;)

jack69 said...

Good 'honest ' blog! just surfing stopped by to read and say Hi!

Love the kids! Just had a son move from CAry back to Belmont after establishing a DASH courier survice there. I was surprised to see Raleigh.
We are in Michigan at present on a USA 'final tour' too old to continue to push this unit.
God bless your efforts.
Jack & Sherry