Thursday, April 29, 2010

15-Minute Challenge

A friend of mine was talking about this website that encourages organization and routine. I was sold right away, of course. It is called Fly Lady.

This site encourages you to take 15 minutes out of your day to organize something around your house. That's it! They set small daily, weekly and monthly goals that are very attainable.




For instance:
  • April's challenge is just to get in the habit of making your bed every day.
  • The weeks zone challenge is to work 15 minutes a day in your living room.
  • The daily routine for Thursday is errand day.

Sometimes, if there is a task(s) to get done around the house it can get overwhelming to figure out where exactly to start. This site is nice because if you can commit to just one small goal you get to check that off your list! And who doesn't like to check something off of their to-do list every day=)

So, let's make 15 minutes count this afternoon. What are you going to work on? I unloaded and reloaded my dishwasher.

5 comments:

Josh Via said...

If organization were bees, you'd bee the queen bee!

Unknown said...

Do you have your shoes on? I love the Flylady - I have her duster! I saw her speak in Charlotte a few years back with Leanne Ely - I have the Saving Dinner book too - use it all the time.

AH said...

I worked for a lady that was a fly lady nut! She had all her schedules printed and laminated and a whole notebook called the control journal! How appropriate! =) Sounds a bit extream? Maybe. But, from the nanny's point of view it was pretty helpful. I knew exactly what the kids needed to do each day and I could help them do it! (she had names beside jobs). Then there was a 15 minute that they could do. Somethig simple but they loved it. We did it before bath at night. Love organization!

MeMe and Poppee said...

I'm in! 15 minutes a day. Today, I cleaned out my closet. It took longer than 15 minutes...it took an hour...but that's OK because I will not be home for 4 more days.

How about all us girls on the family blog take the challenge. How about we all blog about what we did every day for the 15 min. challenge. In just a few months, our houses will be completely clean and organized.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of this site and since you posted this blog, it has revolutionized my cleaning methods. I can actually see my kitchen table. I thought I remembered what it looked like under all that garbage! (Unorganized, expired coupons, junk mail, etc. etc. etc.) And I can see my reflection in my kitchen sink! :-D Thanks, Tasha!!