Monday, May 4, 2009

Morphed

This is my menu board.  The original use was to help me remember what was for dinner so I wouldn't keep forgetting all the "sides" for dinner=)

Here's what happened:
The original message - Homemade Pizza
Then the family came for Easter and the next thing I saw was - Homemade Pizza and Love
Which quickly turned into - Homemade Love
Then just as quickly became - Homemade Love Making

But then my "Welcome Home Fairy" and her family came and it now reads - Homemade Frequent Love Making

I thought this was hilarious ... until I began to replay the last week or two over in my head and realized all the people that have walked into my kitchen for one reason or another.  You know, the complete strangers like the clan of guys that came to clean our air ducts last week or my friends brother who is about to leave for Iraq.  Then I began to blush a little, realizing what that may look like as this pregnant momma walks around with her 2 close-in-age toddlers.  They probably really think this is a rule in our house=)

7 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I am telling you -- you crack me up. I think if my husband saw your chalkboard, he'd go online to see where he could find one for our house. :D
~ Wendy

mel said...

That is absolutely hilarious. So something my husband would do just to see if I noticed. Love it!

Wendi NC said...

This made me laugh out loud! I can see the service guy calling back to the office telling the guys, "guess what this Via family's menu was for the night"
I love your idea of the menu board. I try try try to do that and even plan meals but so many times I forget to lay out meat to thaw!!

MeMe and Poppee said...

How cute! But, Tasha, why should anything surprise you. Look at the family you married in to.

Sara said...

hahahhahaha!! love it. i think it's beautiful.

Kelly Via said...

I love that the menu board made the blog! So funny!! I agree with Janet...should this surprise you?? HA! I do like to wonder what your guests have thought about this sign :)

Joy@WDDCH said...

Bwuahahahahaha!