Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Smoothie Recipe


*First of all, thank you for your overwhelming response to my post about becoming more healthy.  I learned so much from you all, and plan to implement many of your ideas!  Josh is just thrilled, HA!=)

**Secondly, ya'll are really sweet to boost this pregnant momma's self esteem the way you do.

Now, upon request:  Here ya go Tonya=)

Here is what's in the smoothie pictured above.  I tend to switch it up every time depending on what I've got in my refrigerator, but this has been our favorite one so far!
  • 1 Kiwi
  • 1/4 Tomato
  • 1 Carrot
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Orange
  • 1/4 Mango
  • Handful of Strawberries
  • A few pieces of Pineapple
Mix together and refrigerate until it is chilled to your liking!  ENJOY=)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! Thanks for the receipe. I will be trying this one out! It does sound delicious!

mel said...

It certainly looks delicious! I'll have to give this one a try. My husband and I love making smoothies, especially in the summer, but we've never mixed veggies with our fruits. I ate smoothies a lot while I was preggers since it was a perfect light and healthy and protein packed mid-morning or afternoon snack.

Tiffany said...

yum! we love smoothies too:) a couple tips if you like...

freeze some of your fruit like strawberries and bananas and add a little ice and you won't have to wait for those smoothies to chill!

also, i don't know what the health benefits are but my friend megan who is a health NUT has gotten me to add coconut milk to our smoothies! It comes in the can in the asian section:)

and then for a smoothie i'm sure you'll love...

Chocolate Peanut Butter!
ice
banana
milk
honey
cocoa powder
YUM!

Tiffany said...

oh yeah i forgot to add peanut butter to that last one:)