Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Yard Of Envy

Good thing I didn't have any plans today because this is what we woke up to this morning to my delight.  
This is the best kind of snow.  We've been so busy and going non-stop since last Thursday that I haven't been able to keep up with my favorite obsession; watching the weather.  Therefore, when the snow started falling on our way to go pick up the kids after CharlotteONE last night I was shocked!  What a GREAT surprise=)

We've already gotten the expected doorbell ring from the neighborhood kids to slide down our driveway.  We have the yard of envy to all who see the slopes and slants of our hilly driveway and in our backyard.  Not to mention the perfect shade in just the right spots to keep the ice for the longest in the neighborhood.  Today is even better, there is a layer of ice sandwiching the snow so it makes for some cheap thrills down the hills.

*Note - You know your kids are tired when the doorbell rings at 9am and you have a porch full of noisy kids ready to tackle our driveway and my kids continue to sleep uninterrupted!=)  They are out cold this morning.  We're going to let them sleep as long as they want today.  They deserve it=)  Hopefully the snow will hold up until they get up to play in it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun snow!! We had flurries, Judah got to see them last night. No accumulation though, and we are in the mtns. Who knew we should go to Charlotte. Judah is giving me arm muscles, Im not quite as cut as you are yet. - hee hee. That is awesome your kids are sleeping late. One day. Miss yall

Kelly Via said...

Oh boy!! I am so excited for you guys! We only got a little bit of snow, and it was gone by the time I got up this morning.

Have fun in your yard of envy!!

mom said...

I think you have had more snow this season than we have. Temp. today in Colorado Springs is above 60. Craziness.