Thursday, July 10, 2008

H.T. Bagger

Josh and I stopped by Harris Teeter on the way home from the studio because the kids are on their way home, yay, and we needed a few "kid" essentials.  Josh's parents took them to VA for the week so I could get some good studio time in.  

Anyway, I got up to the checkout and I saw the strangest thing.  The manager was standing at the next lane with a stop watch in hand looking at a very nervous teenage boy.  They were just staring at each other.  Then, the manager yelled, "go", and the boy started frantically, but gently, bagging the groceries.  Apparently there is some kind of national competition with Harris Teeter stores.  The manager came over and started telling me about it.  If they win in the region they go to other states and then to the finals in Nevada.  The winners get tons of money and prizes.  It was so fun to see.  The boy that I watched was the first to get it in under a min.  Way to go buddy!

2 comments:

Tim said...

I'm in tears laughing! There was a "My Name is Earl" episode the other day where Earl went to the "National Grocery Bagger Competition." HILARIOUS!!!

Kelly Via said...

You watch "My name is Earl" Tim? Hehehe...

That's pretty cool, Tasha, that would have been fun to see.