Monday, June 16, 2008

An Adventure In Hungary


Josh and I have had A LOT of free time here, but we're not complaining. Today during our free time we thought we'd do something a little different, instead of the usual falling asleep reading or walking around the villas.=) We rented a couple of bikes and took a bike ride up the mountains, well actually, they were hills but my butt and thighs would tell you otherwise;) Anyway, we were told there was an old "castle" to the left, take a right and up the hill. We'd been riding for about 45 minutes and my shaky legs could not go any farther. We had yet to find the mysterious castle. After a Mary mother of Jesus shrine, a homeless man, numerous wrong turns and 20 or so more minutes we found it! It was quite an experience=) I hardly peddled 5 times all the way back down so I didn't feel so bad for how out of breathe and exhausted I was after realizing the whole first half was UPHILL! I hadn't ridden a bike in several years but it was so much fun to get out and see the country a little. I think my body is probably going to regret this little adventure in the morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I got the great idea to take up my running again, which I haven't done since before the baby was born.....I paid for it big time. Curt laughed at me for days!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Hehe...those bikes will get you!

Kelly Via said...

Sounds like great fun! Cool picture too! How was the castle??