Friday, April 11, 2008

A Visit With Flat Stanley




My sister's oldest boy, Alex, is in first grade and they have been reading through the book "Flat Stanley". If you aren't familiar with it it's a super cute book about a little boy who gets flattened by a bulletin board and ends up getting mailed to go see a friend and then mailed back home. They talk about all the adventures he got to go on. I remember reading it when I was little and loving the idea. When Deedee, my sister, called to see if we would like Flat Stanley to come and visit I was so excited. I knew the kids would think that he was so cool. Well, he definitely made his rounds. First he went to visit my parents in CO and visited the Garden Of The Gods and then made his way down south to Orlando Florida to visit my brother and his wife and they took a trip to Disney World and the Lego store so when Stanley got here with all the cool stuff from those places you can imagine what I was thinking, "how can we top that?" So I contemplated sticking in a bunch of bulletin's from churches we'd visited with him since that seems to be the most exciting thing we do around here but then realized that Stanley might just want to hang out with Alex's cousins whom Alex never gets to see. So, we ate our meals together, painted some pictures, which we mailed to Alex's class today, and played outside. Areyna and Zeke were sad to see him go today but they had a good time while he was here.

4 comments:

Just Me said...

I remember having Flat Stanley come to visit me from Massachusetts! I bet Stanley loved hanging with you.

mom said...

How cool is that!

Steve Bowman said...

Where in Colorado? I grew up in Denver and Aurora! Cool! I'll catch you at church at talk "Rockies" with you! I sure miss Glenwood Springs and Ouray!
By the way.....I'm so glad you and Josh are going to be in our daughter Maggie and our future son-in-law Paul's wedding! What an honor!!
Talk soon!
Janie

Ashley said...

Cute! It looks like Rainy and Zeke are into tattoos lately?