Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oh No, I'm Not A Princess Today?!


Today, shortly after Areyna woke up we were hanging out in the living room and she looked at me in horror and said "Oh no, I'm not a princess today!" I told her, "You can go get a princess dress on now if you want" with which she jumped up with the biggest smile on her face and ran in her play room to change out of her jammies into one of her favorite princess outfits. Shew, that was close. I'm a little bias and do think that I have the most beautiful little girl on the planet (no offense to you other moms with equally beautiful little girls=)) but I wonder how many times I tell her that she is so pretty and so beautiful without her princess dresses on or even when she is so messy from a spaghetti dinner or playing out in the endless sand pits in our backyard (Zeke is still learning the concept of keeping the sand in the sandbox). I want my beautiful little girl to realize that true beauty comes from an attitude of the heart and not from the fancy things that we are so often blessed with in this world. Maybe that should be #2 on my list...

4 comments:

Kelly Via said...

Areyna is such a beautiful little princess! I have to point out the awesome tattoos on her legs...they are so cute. The funny thing is Cana drew tattoos all over her legs yesterday too:)

the broomes said...

Areyna is so beautiful! I love that picture-it's so precious! What a great reminder of how we need to diligently pray for our daughters- that they would anxiously fear the Lord and that would be their crown of beauty!!!!

Ashley said...

such a cute picture. it amazes me that areyna knows how to pose, but it's super cute! ps-that deck looks great :D

Emily Jennings said...

She is a doll. And how funny that Hattie feels the same way! One day at church she cried because another girl had a necklace on and she said she would NEVER be beautiful without a necklace.
I tried to teach her that she is beautiful all the time. And that God looks at our heart, not our outsides. I told her the story of David being chosen as king.
I think it was over her head. But my mom always told us: Pretty is as Pretty does.
Needless to say, she has been wearing 3 necklaces lately, thanks to my mom and Joy's jewelry supply.
Oh well.