Monday, March 31, 2008

Which One Is Normal?

A few days ago I mentioned Zeke's interest in going to the bathroom on the potty.  I'm pretty excited, but I am slowly realizing that it is going to be a completely different story with him than with Areyna.  First of all he's a boy, need I say more=)  This is the kicker though...Areyna will sometimes only go 3-4 times a day and Zeke had her beat in less than an hour yesterday.  I can't hardly keep up with the little guy.  I haven't decided whether or not I want to completely commit to this or not right now, but I'll certainly encourage his excitement by taking him whenever he wants.  I mean, he drinks like a champ.  Am I supposed to cut down on liquids even if it's the very first thing he asks for when he wakes up to the very last thing he wants before he goes to bed?  I'm beginning to think that maybe little boys are more like that dog in our neighborhood who comes to pee on our mailbox just to run over to our tree and pee some more, but don't forget our car tire after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tasha,
I am Kyle's wife Amanda. I just finished potty training our second Aubreanna and she sounds like Zeke! I couldn't keep up with her she drank so much. She peed non stop. After we started she slowly started to drink less. I guess it just became an inconvience to go on the potty instead of peeing in her diaper. I do cut liquids before bedtime since I am working on staying dry at night, but otherwise I let her drink as much as she wants. I hope it goes well.