Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yesterday Was A Given, Fun At McDonalds OR You Are Just Plain Stupid

I've stressed this before and here I am repeating myself again, the first day back from being out of town is, to say the least, TERRIBLE. It was melt-down city around here yesterday, and I'm not just talking about the kids=) But for some reason, today has been hardly any different. We decided to go to the Sat. evening service at church this weekend so we could have a Sunday off (no silly, not from church, but from leading worship anywhere). Well, it is still really wet outside from the rain and it was pretty cold, no, not as cold as North Dakota (Emily J.) thankfully, but enough to make me not want to go out there. So, we decided to take the kids to a McDonalds in Monroe with a really cool play area. The kids had a blast! I have two things to talk about here.
First of all, a fire truck and an ambulance pulled up while we were eating. Apparently, something happened to someone near the bathroom. All I saw was someone on the ground and the stretcher. Seconds after the medics walk in with the stretcher a couple was about to sit down with their food, not knowing that anything was out of the ordinary. Until, they turned around and saw the commotion. Here's the catcher though, they picked up their trays and moved to the table right in front of the bathrooms. Not only that, the guy kept standing up, while he was eating, to get a better look. Now, I'm just as nosy as anyone else when tragedy happens. I mean, we all want to see what happened or know what's going on...but really!?!
Secondly,
and most important, I got the urge to play on the playground with Areyna. Don't worry, for those of you who know how much of a stickler for rules I am, I read the sign carefully and it said parents were allowed. So, as soon as Areyna took off inside a tunnel I went in after her and surprised her. It was just like in the movies. "Where Are We Going, To The Pink Slide". Tunnel, Watch Tower, Slide...Tunnel, Watch Tower, Slide. (sorry if you're lost. You should really go rent the new Dora movie=) So anyway, I really think it meant a lot to Areyna for me to enter her world and play with her in there. Afterward she said "Mommy, I'm so thankful to you" followed by a huge smile and several "I Love You"s.
Josh put a video together of our first trip down the big pink slide. She was pretty proud of me=)

6 comments:

Parkison Family said...

So Fun! Tasha- you are one cool Mom! And such a Big girl...I think that's she said!

Ashley said...

sooooo cute!

sheltonfamily said...

Fun! We love any play area like this and I can't wait for Anna to be able to do all of it rather than me hold her. I can't imagine the melt-downs etc... after so much travel. Yuck! We have enough of them during the day w/o travel!

the broomes said...

So fun, Tash! ...our kids are so blessed to have moms the size of third graders:)

Kelly Via said...

I loved the video! What a fun play-place! Looks like tons of fun! I love the sweet things that our kids can say to melt mommy and daddy's hearts. The little "I love yous" and "Thank you for playing with me Mommy"s...Totally worth getting in the McDonalds playplace to hear those sweet words from our kids, isn't it!! You rock as a mom!

the burchard bunch said...

Gotta love the indoor playgrounds!! Isn't it funny how so many of us (me included!) put such an emphasis on material things when all they want from us (at least most of the time!) is a little time (on the slide!)!! Mint Hill Park is our favorite "free place" to visit. The kids get a kick out of watching Rusty roll down the hill!!