Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why Doesn't The Whole World Know About This?

I got a lot of $ saving tips on my post about coupons. There is one idea that my friend Emily told me about that I think a ton of ya'll could benefit from and I'd never heard of before. It is called The Grocery Game. Basically it is a site that compares the Sunday newspaper coupons with current stores sales. You put your zip code in and a list appears of stores that she works with. You get a 4-week trial for $1 and you get to try all the stores "LISTS". If you like it you can choose one store for $10/8 weeks. It's amazing. This is the first week I tried it and saved almost $40 on my week's groceries. The site does all the work for you. You just have to organize your coupons so that when she says to look for a certain one you can find it. It might be a little overwhelming but I am def. trying it. She says that she has a family of 4 and she only spends an average of $50-$60 on groceries a week. Oh, AND if you sign up it asks who referred you and if you get people to put in your e-mail address you get FREE weeks!! So, my e-mail address is joshntash@hotmail.com=) Thanks Emily. I can't believe that I had never heard of this.

PS - I am trying Harris Teeter. One of the most expensive stores, I thought, but I have come to find out that they double all coupons under $1 and sometimes triple them, plus they take expired coupons. Not to mention their GREAT weekly sales!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Hmmmm...sounds like I might have to check it out!