Wednesday, January 16, 2008

SNOW!!

When I was a preschool music teacher and the threat of snow was in the air, I would literally set my alarm, whether it was 2am or 7am, for whenever the weather man said it was supposed to start. Not only was I waiting in great expectation to see if my school was canceled but I LOVE snow. I just love weather in general, especially storms, but snow is one of my favorites. Josh would always make me so sad because he'd say things like,"babe, you know it's not really going to snow", "it's almost over", or "it won't last" just for kicks. What a nice husband=) All this to say that we were supposed to have a wintry mix and possibly snow and ice tonight and tomorrow and I've had butterflies in my stomach since I heard about the possibility. I said "were" because I just looked outside and saw SNOW. That's right, it's snowing!!! It's my birthday in exactly 1 hour and 14min. and I can't think of a better birthday present. So, I'm off to go play in the snow.

8 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

Yea! I love it when I look out the window and see snow. I love watching the weather reports etc... Have so much fun with your kiddos and Happy Birthday! Are you 30 yet? I think your younger and Mike's age....?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tasha

MeMe and Poppee said...

I can't think of a sweeter person than you to have snow on their birthday. Happy Birthday dear one. I am so thankful for you and love you so much. I pray that this will be a very, very special day for you. Go outside and enjoy God's wonderful creation. I think that He created snow as a reminder of his forgiveness and love for us. His salvation washes us whiter than snow.

Rhonda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICA!!!!
Have a wonderful day.

the burchard bunch said...

Happy Birthday! We were so excited about the snow too! This was the first time our kids have ever seen snow.... It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from the Newmans

Shannon Bradley said...

Happy Birthday :) !!!!!
Love,
Ross, Shannon and Luke

the broomes said...

Hope that you had a wonderful, snow-filled birthday!!!:)