Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Favorite Things #6

Starbucks Coffee, need I say more! Especially on days like today when I wake up feeling as though I haven't even gone to bed yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a GREAT day, but my body is trying to tell me otherwise. I have found that my SMALL addiction can have its toll on the checkbook so I bought an espresso maker on sale at Target and found some GREAT recipes for making my own favorite drinks from Starbucks. I thought I'd share a couple=)

WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA
2/3 cup whole milk
6 TBSP white choc. chips
coffee/espresso (I found the cheapest Starbucks coffee is at WalMart)
whipped cream

Mix milk and white choc. Chips to bowl and heat until melted. Meanwhile, make coffee or espresso as directed by machine. Mix the milk and melted chips in a mug with the espresso and top with whipped cream. *This says to split and that it makes two, but I use a pretty big mug and drink the whole thing myself =)*

CARAMEL MACCHIATO
milk
espresso
vanilla syrup
caramel sauce

In regular-sized coffee mug add steamed milk w/ some vanilla syrup (about 1oz.). Add freshly brewed espresso and drizzle w/ caramel sauce.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! A woman after my own heart(not only in coffee though)! My two favorites: white chocolate mocha and caramel machiato :) I must say I've never tried making it at home...I do however own an old school espresso maker hhhmmmm. (Us cubans drink shots of this stuff like it's going out of style) Here is a picture of it: http://bancaja.es/archivos/puntos/24Cafetera6tazasAluminio_g.jpg I'd love to show you how to use this one-not so fancy but it gets the job done ;)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Jeremiah's mom gave us a Venezuelan espresso maker a while back. I just might have to break it out of the back of the cabinet and try some of those recipes!

the broomes said...

Thanks for sharing these...I've been meaning to ask you about the caramel machiato for a while! I'll have to try it!

Emily Jennings said...

I have to admit I make expresso for myself most afternoons. I like the Cafe Bustelo and they sell it at Walmart too. Its WAY cheaper and I just LOVE it.

Kelly Via said...

Small Addiction huh?? I usually buy machines to help me with "small" addictions:) Hehe, Jonathan would probably second that Cafe Bustelo comment...Jonathan seems to think that coffee is a great cheap alternative when money is tight.

Rhonda said...

Girl, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Starbucks. I have to say, I am addicted. Go Starbucks!