Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Family Togetherness

I'm a little giddy. Josh and I were the first of ALL the family to get to the VIA'S here in VA last night. Then Rick, who has been at a revival 1 1/2 hours away, found out so many of his kids were going to be here and he just couldn't stay away, even though he had responsibilities at 8am back at the church. Then Joy got here after sitting in the traffic we just got out of. Then Jared and Danielle changed their plans from going to her parents house to spending the night here because they wanted to see us before we leave today. Then Jacob and Keesha arrived to "hang out" before going to Keesha's parents house to spend the night. Finally, Jonathan, Kelly, Cana and Kayil showed up. By this time it was around 11pm or so. I just love when the WHOLE family gets together. We stayed up playing Nintendo WII and reminiscing about old inside jokes. We made it to bed a little before 2am. Too bad my kids went to bed on time and got up ON TIME. But it's just the beginning. After lunch we'll pack up the kids, the car and the "Thanksmas" presents and head to my sisters to have a few Needed days of Family Togetherness with my family. I love this time of year, even when this time last year brings back memories of heartache and pain. Our God is SO Good!!

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

Oh...I'm trying not to be, but I'm pretty jealous. Have a great Thanksgiving.