Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Easter 2018

Well, better late than never, ha!

I don't remember the last time we had an actual family Easter photo because we get up WAY before the sun comes up and by the time we are done we are all D.O.N.E.  So this is as close as we got this year...but what a sweet one it is.

This is the first year ever that we have lived close enough to my parents to have Easter dinner with them.  And it just so happened that Easter fell on April 1st, April Fools Day, and it ALSO just so happens that my parents are secret pranksters, so it made for an eventful afternoon!

After a full morning worshipping at Journey we headed over to Wendell.

Upon arrival my parents began quickly setting the feast out on the table.  A lovely dinner of... OCTOPUS!

My kids looked at each other.
Then they looked at us.
Then they looked at Nonnie and G-daddy.
Not quite sure how to respond.

They didn't want to hurt my parents feelings,
but they DEFINITELY didn't want to eat that octopus.

Then my mom's "April Fools" rang through the air and they all sighed in relief, lol.

You can tell by Cai's reaction he wasn't too excited about the menu options, and Jude's face is priceless, ha!

After we got a good laugh my parents brought out the REAL dinner and a couple of the kids actually volunteered to at least try the Octopus.

For dessert my mom began by passing a bowl around of little chocolate eggs.  You know, the kind that are wrapped in foil decorative paper.

Zeke opened his and began eating his yummy chocolate.
Then Jude began opening his and upon closer examination realized that his was not chocolate.  It was a grape!  He curiously looked around while my mom tried not to catch his eye.  They Jude grabbed another one hoping for better luck.  Again, when he opened the piece it was a grape.  And then AGAIN.  We were ALL laughing at this point until he finally found the chocolate wrapped egg he was looking for.

My mom had spent the evening before unwrapping some of the eggs, which my dad gladly helped get rid of;), and wrapped purple grapes in the foil to trick the kids.

It was a fun Easter afternoon we will not soon forget.

No comments: