Thursday, February 11, 2016

Jude Turned FOUR



Jude, the fiery bookend to our Colony.  I can't imagine life without him.  (I imagine it being much task productive and oh so much quieter, but I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!)

Jude is anything but reserved and compliant.

In fact, I'd say he's quite opposite.
He wakes up every morning ready to tackle life and all that the day has in store for him.
He plows through his day with passion and vigor.

He is a fighter and a kid with intention and mission.

He is obsessed with drums...or drum.ing on things.  My poor poor furniture!  But we found an awesome deal on a used drum set that connects to the wii so he can play along with his LEGO Rockband game (and all the surfaces in my home rejoiced!).  Did you know he snuck out of his class one day to go play the drums?  I didn't know WHERE he was until I heard the steady beating on the snare.  I guess I should have looked there first.  I love this about him.  Not just because it's music and a shared passion with his daddy and me, but because he is unashamedly smitten by something and will do anything to be able to get better at it.

The downside is his temper when things don't go the way he wants (RIGHT when he wants them to) and the drive he has sometimes drives a wedge in our mom/son relationship when, say, I need him to take a break and accomplish something else that isn't on his task radar (like cleaning up the basket of cars he just dumped out on the floor).

Jude loves cuddles.  LOTS of cuddles.  And often comes runs to hand out hugs and kisses just because.

He is my little shadow throughout the day.
He's still working on how to play by himself.  The kids have been in public school for 2 years now and he still can't stand them leaving every day and not having anyone to play with.  But he has learned how to do laundry, load and unload the dishwasher, and he LOVES to help me clean!

This boy certainly knows how to run this mama ragged and push my buttons and make me feel as though I may implode, but that smile, and that laugh, and those silly things he says kinda even out the crazy he makes me feel, ha!

Dear Jude,

Man I love you!  Every bit of you (although sometimes I wish you'd wait to exercise your leadership qualities and abilities until you get a little lot older)!  I love the time I get with just you during the day when the kids are in school.  I love watching you do things you enjoy with all your heart.  I love how you tell me and Daddy how we can "kiss and get maweed tomorrow" almost every day.  I love how you bring so much life and chaos energy to this family.  I just love you.  And I can't wait to see where God leads your life.

Love,
Your sometimes crazy but always loving mama

No comments: