Thursday, May 28, 2015

Remember The Hard Stuff To Give Hope For The Future Stuff ~ KITW



Isn’t it funny how certain smells and tastes, and even songs, can take us back to a certain time in our lives?
For my husband it is the scent of Bath ‘n Body Works “Sweet Pea” lotion that brings him back to our wedding day and honeymoon. Certain songs bring me back to soccer field warm-ups in college or high school trips to the beach when I lived in Charleston, SC.
This past week I was spending some time with my mom after she had undergone a procedure for breast cancer. I would wake up in the mornings to join my dad on their screened-in back porch, coffee in hand, windows open, listening to the birds and other critters in the surrounding fields and pastures. Every couple of minutes a rooster would crow and EVERY SINGLE TIME it would rush me back... [Read More]

No comments: