Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Summer Reads

After my Hunger Games reading frenzy earlier this summer I kind of took it easy in the reading department.  Add in the pallet wood that NEEDS to be made into something fun and FREE in my home, and the sympathy purging that goes into helping a friend(s) move from house to house, I've been busy in other ways.  Oh yeah, and I have FIVE kids, ha!

All that to say, I've had some people ask for book recommendations.  Two of these I've completed, 1 and am re-reading from years ago and the other is just something different to add to my quiet time in the morning.


"Say Goodbye to Survival Mode"
by Crystal Paine

Excellent, fun, easy, practical read on re-prioritizing your life, time finances and goals.


"God Loves Ugly"
by Christa Black

This book was a little heavy and brutally honest, but so needed in this culture and for all generations.
Deals with fighting through addictive behaviors and thinking, getting past your past
and becoming comfortable in the person God made you.


"The Power of a Praying Wife"
by Stormie Omartian

There is definitely some cheese in this book, but how can you deny a book that can get you praying for your husband.  Saved or unsaved, our husband needs our prayers and this book lays out a plan focusing on 30 different areas to pray for our husbands about.


"Holy Spirit Power"
by Charles Spurgeon

I've never read any of Spurgeon's writing, but I am certainly a fan now!
This little book is chalk full of little nuggets to tuck away or meditate on.
I am going to be reading some more of his writing soon!

And that, my friends, is all I've got, but I'll be diving deep into some new reads this fall
and will share them with you soon!

No comments: