Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Salsa and Guacamole

I have two recipes that I make at LEAST once a week and I'm always having to look it up, so instead of having to click all around cyberspace for these two favorite recipes I decided to put them on here for my own convenience, and to hopefully make some new converts to the joys of dipping:)
one day I'll figure out how to take enticing photos of my food, but until then this will just have to do

~I got this recipe over a decade ago in seminary and have been loving it ever since!~

1 small onion
1 jalapeno pepper 
(I'll add a little more if I'm really feeling like spicing it up)
1 cup of loosely packed cilantro
(I'm not a big fan of cilantro so I ALWAYS substitute parsley in recipes)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of grape tomatoes
(I usually just use 2-3 medium tomatoes)

Put it all in a blender and pulse it until well blended but not too juicy.



~I used to hate avacados, but NO MORE!  
Lately I can't get enough and this recipe ensures that it gets completely consumed within at least 48 hours!  Until I get my hands on my friend Heidi's recipe, this is my favorite!~

3 avocados - peeled, pitted and mashed
1 lime, juiced
(I always substitute lemon juice if I don't have a lime on hand)
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 Tbsp fresh, chopped cilantro
(again, I substitute parsley for the cilantro)
2 roma tomatoes, diced
(often times I omit this ingredient because I don't have any on hand, even though the tomatoes help your body absorb the good fats from the avocados)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
(I usually double or triple my "pinch")

No comments: