Saturday, April 5, 2014

Currently

Josh just took Zeke to baseball practice.  Yup, you read that right.  Zeke plays baseball.  Something he totally wanted to venture out and do all on his own accord.  Josh and I don't know a thing about the sport.  My sport is soccer and Josh was always into basketball, but baseball?  We don't even watch the sport, so you can imagine our surprise (in a good way) to hear Zeke begging to play baseball.  I love that he has stepped out to do something different!

Josh and I finally got to catch up last night for the first time since he left for Uganda.  I loved hearing the stories he shared, and seeing the sweet smile on his face as he spoke of Jonathan and Kelly and how they were MADE for what they are doing in this season they are in in Uganda.  He said that they are totally in their element as they have completely adapted to the culture, picking up the language and have found the perfect places to fit into Arise Africa's mission.  I LOVE seeing people being used, outside of their comfort zone, in a way that only God can do.

Cai has barricaded himself into a corner so he can play without Jude, the new "destroyer" of the house, coming to tear his train track and superhero city apart.

Jude is at the peak of the "destruction" stage.  You know, the season where toddlers get into anything and EVERYthing.  It's a bit exhausting!

Rainy begins gymnastics on Tuesday!  I think I am as excited as she is:)  

Alethia and Cai are in the final weeks of preschool and are set to begin Kindergarten the beginning of July!  Can you believe that?!  They are SO excited!

I jogged a 10k yesterday and felt like I was going to die.  I've been doing INSANITY, but it had been a while since I had a nice jog.  Today's 5k went MUCH better...

Our elderly neighbor was outside mowing her grass a couple days ago, which only means that...you know where we'll be the rest of the day.  Time to tag-team the yard again:)

Happy beautiful, spring time ya'll!

No comments: