Thursday, February 20, 2014

New Favorite Space ~ Dining Room

Since we finished up the kitchen/laundry "space" we moved onto bigger and better things...

The dining room

This is our dining room at a glance before we painted and fixed it up


Here is what it looks like now!

We painted it grey


I painted the built-in corner cabinet white
and spray painted the hardware with silver rustolium


Then we used some some of the crate boards that we scavanged around the area
and framed in the chalboard I painted on the wall.


slowly but surely!

4 comments:

chachismemories said...

Love the color! It looks really fresh and welcoming.

Joy@WDDCH said...

EEK! I love it!!! My dining room is almost an identical red and I was thinking of painting it grey or a soft blue this spring. It's our school room as well and SO DARK! I'm ready to brighten it up. Have you noticed if the kids are stimulated differently? I kind of feel like we're always running at a 10. I'm wondering if a softer color will be better for our brains! LOL! I'm not sure I make sense but maybe you know what I mean.

Looks fantastic!

The Via Colony said...

Joy, I TOTALLY get what you are saying, and I'd say YES, I absolutely see a difference. MUCH more calm and attentive!

The Via Colony said...

Thank you Kassondra:)