Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Free-For-All (and the longest run-on sentences in the history of mankind)

This time last week I was balled up in a corner, hiding from one of my best friends, who I intentionally locked out of my house, who had been called in as a reserve from my husband (I know it was you!), who was out of town (in NY for 5 days), because I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't talk on the phone (phones give me anxiety anyway), and kept ignoring his phone calls (sorry baby), and definitely couldn't talk to someone face-to-face (she still left me a sweet fall scented candle on my doorstep, so she still loves me:)...and then went to a HUGE event at our church full of games (tons of games), people (oh so many people), food (which was nice because food makes things so much better), candy (way too much candy), gospel presentations (which I uncontrollably cried through because I was SO proud to be part of a church who loves on our city and church body the way they do), my 5 kids (yes, F.I.V.E.), by myself (in a sea of people which also causes high anxiety), and tears (always tears) just WAITING for the right time to come flooding out (always perfectly timed), on my other friend's shoulder (sorry for the tear stains on your shirt), just because she said that I was an awesome mom and she didn't know how in the world I do it...

Man, I'm glad I'm not in that place anymore.
I'm pretty sure if I had to go much longer like that I would be balled up in a corner in a nut house!

Days like that are hard.
Man, they are hard.

But I'm not there today.

In fact, it's Josh's day off (praise the Lord) and he took the two older (Alethia and Cai), of the younger 3 (Alethia, Cai and Jude), to eat lunch at school with the older 2 (Rainy and Zeke), and the youngest of the 5 (Jude) is soundly asleep, and I'm sitting here (just me) wondering what in the world I should accomplish during this rare moment of peace and quiet (fold laundry, get a shower, catch up on emails from my kid's teachers that are piled up in my inbox, unload the dishwasher), and all I want to do is sit and enjoy this rare moment of peace and quiet...

and maybe write a blog that is full of the longest run-on sentences in the history of mankind.

But it's Friday.
And Friday is family day.
And this family day is chilly and dreary and WONDERFUL!

So I'm off to sit on my couch, staring out the window, as I sit in my jammies, unshowered, and enjoy this rare moment of peace and quiet.

Happy Friday ya'll!

1 comment:

Magan Keith said...

I so needed to read this tonight...as I sit in my pjs, locked in my room, where I want to curl up into a ball and cry because things are crazy and I'm overwhelmed. After spending some time just talking to God, I came straight to your blog to read because I knew it be encouraging. You are a good mommy and one so many other mommies look up to. Thank you for being real. I love you dear friend!