Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Is It Nap Time Yet?

Sometimes there are days when I am literally counting down the hours until bed time.

I just need a second to catch my breathe.  I need a restart.

Those days just happen.
That's just part of being a mom.

But sometimes there are other days when I am so self-absorbed that I want nap time or bed time to be here already so I can do my own thing.  (Why is it that my kids seem so easy to love while they are asleep;). I'm tired of sharing myself. My body. My words. EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING.  I want to be in my own little world with no distractions.

I'm tired and I want ME time, darn it!

These are the days where motherhood has become a chore.
These are the days where I've lost sight of the importance of my full-time job.
These are the days when I think that I DESERVE my own space.

I don't want to just "get through" my day waiting for the next nap time or bed time so I can have "me" time.  I don't want to waste the precious days I have with the kids I have been entrusted to guide through life.

I've found that if I try to embrace the times that they are awake, instead of resentfully biding my time until the next sleep, I gain back my perspective and am able to actually ENJOY that time with them.

Today I am choosing to embrace my life as mom.
These days WILL NOT last forever!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this!! I needed this today! Being pregnant (with terrible off and on all day sickness), having a child of my own and babysitting as well makes me wish for nap time and bed time more than ever!! These days won't last and I will miss them so much! Thanks again!

Emily Grace Little said...

Thanks, Tasha. I've been struggling with this for so long! I appreciate your candidness and helping me realize that I'm not alone.

chachismemories said...

Love this! Seriously have more and more days like this lately. Thanks for reminding me that god gave my girls to me as a gift I should embrace each moment!