Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Dare You

A couple of months ago I was sharing what my daily quiet time looked like and I mentioned that I like to have a book going for each main area in my life.  I also mentioned that I was reading a book on marriage that was a secret.

Well, the secret is out and I believe it will have lifelong impact on our marriage if I will allow it to.

I didn't really feel as though my marriage was falling apart or anything, but there is always room for improvement, (BTW-if you feel as though your marriage is fine and not in need of any improvement then you NEED to do this dare), and I'd heard some really good things about "The Love Dare" taken from the movie "Fireproof".

To be quite honest, I kind of made fun of the whole concept and dare, but I also thought, "Hey, why not? It'll be fun!"

So I went on Amazon, found the book for $1 and dove in, without Josh knowing.  I wanted to do it under the radar to just to see what would happen:)

I also kept a journal of the daily dares, how I implemented and carried it out, Josh's reaction, and lessons I learned along the way.

Yesterday I presented him with the little blue book.  It was really sweet to see his reaction as he skimmed through its content.

It took me 4 months to go through the 40 day challenge because some of the challenges couldn't be done immediately.  Some days seemed inapplicable to our personal circumstances, but I found a way to make it work.  I kept each dare simple and from the heart.

I DARE YOU to go get a copy and go through it.  Find ways to knock the socks off of your spouse.  You'll be surprised at how quickly selfishness and pride can get in the way of the blessings and simple sacrifices you could be offering instead!

1 comment:

chachismemories said...

I just finished it and learned so much about ky self and how I can change to make our marriage better. We also had a perfectly fine marriage but now I feel as though I know without a doubt he is my soulmate and we are in it for life. I highly recommend this book and movie to everyone!!!!!