Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Takin' Up My Time

Don't worry, we are all happy (most of the time) and healthy (besides those stubborn coughs that seem to linger FOREVER) around the Colony homestead.  I know you were all worried about us;)

We have been a little preoccupied by current happenings though.

For one, we are in a process.  I'm not quite sure I'm ready to share it with you but I will say that I have been scanning a butt bootie-load of documents and sending them off.  And by doing this I have found THE COOLEST app!  I can sit on my butt bootie and scan a document with my phone and email it or fax it without having to go anywhere!  It is, by far, one of the most practical and mom-friendly apps ever created!  I no longer have to load up a colony of children, buckle them into a colony of car seats, drive around the corner, unbuckle a colony of children and herd them into an office, just to scan or fax a single document.  My sanity has been restored by this wonderful app.

Another thing that has been taking up time is checking out Areyna's butt bootie.  I've been reading a wonderful book called, Six Ways To Keep The "Little" in Your Girl.  It is an EXCELLENT book with super fun and helpful resources to help build the relationship between a mom and her tween.  Yes, my daughter will be turning TWEEN in just a few short weeks!  Anyway, we've been spending a lot of time on this site called Secret Keeper Girl.  It's something fun we like to do together.  One of the sections on there is a "Truth or Bare" fashion test.  Rainy has been bending over and giving her clothes the true modesty test all week long:)  I LOVE IT!

I have entered a new world, my friends.  Before, the only home updating projects I'd ever known came with a spray paint can or a flat head screwdriver.  But now (thanks to Christmas gift cards, birthday money, EBATES and the selfless help from my friends!) I have a new tiled backsplash.  All for under $100!  I ordered from Lowes through EBATES to get a percentage back, they shipped it FOR FREE to my local LOWES and then I used my cash and gift cards to pay for it. It is quite lovely, if I do say so myself:) We still have a few tiles to cut in and some cabinets to paint one day, but it's a start.



A last, but most certainly not least, I have been tagging items to sell at the Raleigh Kid's Exchange.  I'm not shopping this year *gasp*, but I sure had a lot to sell since Jude turns 1 year old in a few short days, and we are DONE adding to this sweet colony of mine;)

There is just one more five more things that have been keeping me busy ~

Hope ya'll have a great day today!

No comments: