Wednesday, December 5, 2012

At The End Of The Day

Homeschool - Charter School - Private School - Public School

Organic - Vegan - Gluten Free - Typical/Regular

Republican - Democratic

Adoption - Biological - Foster Care

Agency - Independent

Cloth Diaper - Organic Diaper - Disposable Diaper

Name Brand - Off Brand

Coupons - Full Price (just getting by shopping;)

Stay-at-home mom - Working mom

Cry-it-out parenting - On-demand parenting

Breastfed - Bottle fed


The choices we have to make in our lifetime are endless.



And everybody seems to think that their way is the best.

And sometimes even thinking their way is the ONLY way.


I may not be an expert  on much, but at the end of the day does it really matter if I homeschool or send my kids off to school somewhere, cloth or disposable diaper my child, organic or regular grocery shop?

Each family is different.
Each child is different.
Each circumstance is different.

Your motivation for what you do and the leading of the Holy Spirit should be all that matters.

At the end of the day I just want the Lord to say "Well done".

Hey, it may not look pretty, and it certainly won't be perfect, but that isn't what He has called me to.

Not perfection.
Not YOUR way of doing things.

Just obedience.

3 comments:

rick@rickvia.org said...

Amen and Amen. "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Unknown said...

That comment was left by MeMe.

Erin Snyder said...

Hey Tasha! You may or may not remember me...we've met a few times at Hambrick birthday parties. I just wanted to say I have been so encouraged by your obedience and boldness to step away from homeschooling when you realized it wasn't meeting the needs of your kids. I'm sure the strong opinions of some were not so supportive and as a public school teacher, I can totally understand anxiety that could come from moving your child from homeschool to public school. I know with me, I would have had a huge pride issue and would have had a really hard time with admitting I wasn't capable...I do have a problem with that in my own classroom. I love how transparent you have been and humble...it has been a great testimony to me as a follower of Christ and as a teacher. So, thank you! I'm so glad to hear that progress is being made and your kids are transitioning well! And, well...I'm a little bit jealous that they have such a long track out. :)