Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Free-For-All


I have the privilege of being the guest blogger on "We Are Grafted In" today, a support site for adoptive families.  You can read the post HERE.  I continue to pray that our story will be an encouragement for other families.

Alethia loves dip.  Let me rephrase that.  Alethia LOVES dip.  So much, in fact, that she dips everything in dip.  If it's ketchup for nuggets, she'll even dip her apple dippers in the ketchup.  I caught her dipping her strawberries in her ranch that was meant for her cucumbers.  It's rather hilarious.

Jude is getting his 8th tooth. EIGHTH.  Ouch!  That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Today is Zeke and Rainy's last day of school before track out.  They have off the entire month of December!  We were just getting in the groove of things.  All of us. Preschool was going GREAT! In fact, we only have 9 more days until WE track out:)  I was getting all caught up on life.  All those things in life that I had just been juggling to "get by" before were all beginning to settle into a routine.  Zeke was no longer having to be wrestled out of bed in the mornings to get ready for school and Rainy was no longer begging to Jesus to hear her prayer to be able to be homeschooled.  They were actually beginning to enjoy school.  It'll be good to have them home for a while, but I feel like it's gonna be tough to track back in.  Oh well, it'll be good for them. Right?

CVS"ing" has made a return to the Colony household.  When Josh and I realized that we were about to have to pay FULL PRICE for our first tube of toothpaste in 5 years we decided that it was time.  My CVS sabbatical was over.  I have had two successful trips to the great land of free toiletries, and it is wonderful:)

Part of Zeke's anxiety is being afraid that he isn't going to be able to hug and kiss someone goodbye.  So, he has become obsessed with telling us bye "in case I forget to see you when you leave".  I was headed out the other night and I swear he came and told me bye 8 times before I was even done getting ready to leave.  This morning alone he came to give me goodbye kisses 3 times before heading out the door for school.  In fact, he gets so worried about it that he somehow blocks out when we DO tell him bye and insists that we do it again.  I don't know whether to think it is super sweet or be concerned:)  My sweet boy just loves to love!

Well, it's time to go take advantage of free childcare at the gym!

Happy Friday Ya'll!

No comments: