Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Edit Profile



Name: Tasha Joy Via (Litke)

Height: 5' 1/2"

Born: Ohio

Schooling: I went to Ft. Dorchester for High School and NGU for College

Work: Stay At Home Mom / Musician / Secretary for Josh and Tasha Via Ministries

About me: I cloth diaper my kids, I homeschool my kids, coupon cutting is a priority, I exercise regularly, I love to blog...

I could go on and on about all the things that make me who I am.  But if I choose to let these things (or accomplishments) define who I am, all that I am really doing is setting myself up to fail!

Not that I am a failure if I do not do all these things 100% of the time, but because for a perfectionist like me, if I cannot do something 100% I don't add up to who I feel like I'm supposed to be. (does that even make sense to you?)

So, my profile should really read:


About Me (most of the time): I cloth diaper my kids (unless I get lazy for a day or two and they really start piling up and I run out...or want to use up the size of disposables that I have on hand...or we go to church...or my husband tells me that they are starting to smell and I have to strip them again), I homeschool my kids (and least I did this week...next week may prove differently), coupon cutting is a priority (well it was, until the number of mouths to feed exceeded the number of coupons in my weekly paper subscription), I exercise regularly (unless we go out of town...or have sick kids that can't go in the kid zone...or forget to charge my phone which houses my alarm), I love to blog (unless it's one of those days that I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that my to-do list continues to just get longer and longer)...

Ahhh...now isn't that much better:)

Free yourself from the unnecessary tendency to think that you have to write out your "perfect you" for everyone to see.

I can't go wrong if my main "about me" is just to be the me God has called me to be.  I'm pretty sure cloth diapering, cutting coupons or homeschooling my kids won't change that relationship if I'm following hard after Him.

Oh yeah, and it doesn't hurt to laugh when things don't go the way you'd expect;)

2 comments:

Kelly Via said...

I think if we are all honest, we all need a profile edit. I love the humor and transparency behind this post. :) Great job, Tash!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

so true! =)