Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Open For Interpretation


We have quite a hodge-podge of words that circulate between Alethia and Cai.

There is the typical "Toddlerese" mixed with a Ugandan accent, a little "Lispish", topped off with some Luganda.

It is a beautiful language I quite simply call "Toddlerlulispigandish", the term for an American and Ugandan toddler learning to speak English together:)

Here are a few of my favorites:

e-bee-u-dee = everybody

white = the color, the opposite of black

white = not wrong. correct.

bee-i-ll-ed = spilled

tu-gen-go = tugende (Lugandan for let's go)

be-ack = the color black

yell-come = your welcome

Buzz yite-yurt = Buzz Light-year shirt

quinky = squinky

Super Hero Squadstumes = Super Hero Squad Costumes

***I'd LOVE to hear some of the cute things your kids say!***

2 comments:

Josh Via said...

One of my favorites is:

pee-yo = pillow.

I love raising these hodgepodge bunch of God-image bearers with you, my dear! Here's to 18 more years and then a lifetime beyond that!

-josh

Karen said...

How about

babing soup - bathing suit
gobbles - goggles

I was with my 3 yr. old grandson this weekend and we went swimming. I just love to listen to him talk.