Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Free-For-All

So, I should really be in the kitchen preparing the kid's breakfast, but Areyna beat me to it!  She has already set the table and is preparing cinnamon toast for herself and siblings.  She has been planning this meal since yesterday afternoon to fix all by herself.  And what kind of mother would I be to stand in her way:)

We had the get-together of all get-togethers for the 4th of July.  There were about 20 children, 7 and under, and about 20 adults.  It was quite the shindig and we had the aftermath to prove it!  I have realized that I love having an open-door policy and family/friend togetherness WAY MORE than a clean house.

One of the highlights of the cookout was being reunited with one of my best friends from highschool Jason (Oak) Ritchie.  He and his daughter made an appearance.  It was AWESOME to see Alethia and Taina playing together:)

Not only is the 4th of July the 4th of July, but it is Cousin Hannah (1) and Cousin Karis' (3) birthday.  We also go ahead and celebrate Zeke's birthday with theirs because his is TODAY and he is 6!  Plus, he feels all special and what-not having the town of Rolesville celebrate his big day and give him fireworks.  This is the extent of our birthday decorations, but with an ice cream cake and cool things to go on the top, what more do you need, right?!

These are all pretty terrible pictures, but it's all I got!

Zeke was so funny with his presents.  We got him a bunch of art supplies (tape, markers, paper, glue, glitter, envelopes) and wrapped them all separate so he could open tons of presents.  He would just randomly go grab one at a time throughout the day until they were gone.  We didn't even see him open half of them, lol!  He is STILL thanking us for his gifts:)  I LOVE THAT BOY!

I spent the day yesterday, putting our school calendar together for the next year and ordering the missing pieces of curriculum for the colony.  I will be teaching 4 littles...oh my...

Well, Areyna has reached her breakfast helping max so I'm going in for reinforcements.  Maybe she'll realize how demanding this little colony can be and try to help out more, ha!

Happy Friday ya'll!

No comments: