Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Body Parts

"Own your calling-it is a gift from the Lord.  
Don't be insecure or timid-that is not true humility."
~Aliene Thompson
Radically Obedient

After reading this in my time with God this morning I can think of nothing else.  It's nothing new.  It's nothing profound.  Actually, it is something I have thought a lot about over the years.

The realization that God has instilled in each of His children different passions, giftings and character traits is so beautiful.  He has allowed different blessings and experiences in each of us as He orchestrates our lives, forcing us to work together as the body of Christ.

I know I've caught myself wondering why God hasn't blessed me in a particular way, the way He may have blessed someone else, but then I look around me and see what He has given me!  I see how He can use me, through what I have gone through or been given.

Everyone knows I'm a cryer.  It used to drive me crazy!  Literally C.R.A.Z.Y.  But then Josh reminded me that God has created me with these emotions and maybe that is why people feel safe to come to me when they are hurting.  I can choose to let my emotions run rampant in my life, or ask the Lord to give me self-discipline to control them and use them to show compassion and love for others in a tough time.  'Cause Lord knows I'll cry along with the best of 'em!!!

Embrace the life the Lord has blessed you with.  Grab the passions in your heart that were placed there by God Himself and run with them!

I'm choosing this today.

"For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, 
which is in you through the laying on of my hands.  
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, 
but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:6-7

1 comment:

Holly said...

So good Tasha... I had a good friend in Dallas who was a crier and when my dad was passing away she would just sit with me and cry. It was so comforting. Crying is a gift!