Tuesday, February 7, 2012

This And That

I had to run out to the store yesterday (I know, BIG shocker, ha!) and after ringing up I stepped out from behind the counter and the lady that had just loaded up the 3 bags looked totally caught off guard when she saw the belly that preceded me as she said, "We'll be more than happy to help wheel you out to your car...I mean, help you wheel your groceries out to your car for you...gosh, I'm SO sorry!"  I just laughed and told her I knew exactly what she meant, knowing that either way you look at it would have been a nice gesture, ha!

As you know, the baby "room" has been moved into our closet, which means that the nursing chair is in our bedroom.  We have the perfect set-up.  I saw an awesome idea, from an awesome friend, and decided to go for it.  I think it was an idea from Pinterest.  Super easy and costs less than $2!  I told Josh how the normal light wood on tray tables makes me think of being sick, as I normally only use them for a sleeve of Saltines and A glass of GingerAle when I am sick, so I needed something to spice it up a little bit.  I bought a can of spray paint and voila!

Zeke is into the question asking stage.  But not just asking questions.  He asks the same question over and over.  And over.  And over.  I'm trying to work on a creative way of conquering this little "habit" that totally makes me want to pull my hair out.  I think I've got a good one for the following scenario.

I hardly ever just buy candy to have around the house.  Mostly because I will eat it all before anybody else in the family can get their hands on it, but also, it makes my kids turn into monsters...literally.  They will whine and beg and ask for it non-stop until it is gone.  Now, I am well aware that grandma's are supposed to come with goodies for the kids, especially around Valentine's day (and other holidays), (So, thank you Meme for the thoughtful gifts for the kids that they LOVE!!!!), I just have to get creative as to how to handle the monsters when they come out:)

So, I came up with a new rule which states: "Yes, you may have one piece of candy today!" I then have them repeat how many pieces they may have that day, just to make sure we are on the same page.  Then, I go on with the rest of the rule.  "Now, if you continue to ask or beg me for 'just one more piece' of candy I will throw a piece away."  Yup, I'm a mean mama, ha!  I will now throw away a piece of candy for every additional time candy is brought up.  Oh how freeing it is!

So go ahead and bring on the candy monsters!  I know how to beat 'em now:)

My parents just arrived this afternoon, after a call of desperation yesterday.  They came bringing much needed energy for our kids, assurance that our kids will have someone here if this baby decides to make some progress in the middle of the night, and the traditional post-pardum yummy treats.  Ahhh, I can breathe a sigh of relief now...which may actually help bring this little baby into the world!  And if you have an opinion as to whether it is a boy or girl, which I KNOW you do, don't forget to go HERE and vote!  (I promise you'll feel better after you get it out of your system, ha!)  It's been fun to see what ya'll think:)

Speaking of...
...this is what is left of what I can see from standing up, almost straight.  I have to bend just a tad to see the tips of my toes:)

I hope you all are having a fabulous Tuesday, because I was having a fabulous Thursday...until I was made aware that this is in fact not Thursday, but Tuesday, in which case I am now having a fabulous Tuesday.  Thank goodness for homeschool and teaching the days of the week (and children who like to tell you when you are wrong:)!

No comments: