Monday, January 9, 2012

Not Me Monday

I would never give up an hour away from my kids to go sit by myself with a hot Starbucks beverage for a quiet trip to the grocery store instead.

Nope, not me.

But if I DID go to the grocery store (in peace) instead, I'd surely have made it worth my time by having all my coupons in order and taking advantage of Harris Teeter's triple coupons, instead of lazily walking up and down the isles at the nearest grocery store without even a list in hand.

Nope, not this motivated, frugal mama!

'Cause that could only happen if I didn't completely chunk my whole coupon stash when arriving home from Uganda...because I would NEVER throw coupons away.

Nope, not me.

But let's just say that I did throw away every coupon in my possession and then tell my mother-in-law that I'd rather go get groceries, kid-less, than sit and sip on coffee.

That would make for a more eventful story, right?

Right.

So, saying the previous events did happen...

I did NOT park my massive SUV right next to the shopping cart return in order to avoid having to walk any more than necessary.

Nope, not me!  

I always take advantage of every opportunity to exercise and keep this body in shape, ha!

Anyway, if I tried to park next to the shopping cart return, I may just get so close that I have to literally squeeze this 35-week pregnant belly between the open door and the car, just to get IN the grocery store.

And that would look really ridiculous.  Not to mention embarrassing.

And then upon returning with a cart full of groceries, realize that my automatic unlock button no longer works on my key ring and have to shimmy my way back to the driver's side to unlock the car, then shimmy back out to unload the groceries in the back, return my cart that I gratefully didn't have to exercise to return, and climb through the passenger side door to the drivers seat just to get back IN my car.  (And I'm not even going to paint a mental picture of me squeezing my belly down between the steering wheel and the seat.)

Oh no.  I would never do something like that!

Nope, not me. 

2 comments:

jayandjoy said...

What a cute post. The only thing more fun would have been if someone video you doing all that stuff. You would have had 100,000 hits of YouTube.

Snowbrush said...

Well, congratulations! My wife is a labor and delivery nurse. People in her profession--or at least the ones at her hospital--would call you a "big belly."