Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lessons Learned The First Week

1 - Paper plates significantly cut down on the number of times I have to run the dishwasher on a daily basis.

2 - One extra mouth to feed doesn't seem like it would make that big of a difference.  I now beg to differ:)

3 -  Having one extra little voice doesn't seem like it would really make that much of a difference in the volume in this house.  I now beg to differ!

4 - One extra body doesn't seem like it would create that many more clothes to wash.  I now beg to differ, as I am more grateful than ever that I get to wash these winter clothes for this family of six in a washing machine.

5 - I can't count on my memory/brain for anything any more.  There just isn't enough room for any more information in there at this time...please try again later...

6 - If you have tried to call me over the past week and it has gone straight to voicemail it's either not intentional, because I simply cannot keep up with my phone (see number 5), or it is intentional because I simply cannot hear the person on the other end (see number 3).

7 - My OBGYN will only get more and more irritated with me the more appointments I don't show up for. (Again, see number 5...or just realize that after the first few kids it just doesn't seem that important to come in and pee in a cup, see all the weight I gained and have them tell me "there's nothing going on down there" if I know that the baby is moving and kicking and rolling and...)

8 - A standoff for an apology between #1 and #3 is bound to make you want to pull your hair out.  I am determined that the children NEVER had to apologize for anything at the babies home, even if it was for biting, ha!

9 - "You got to moisturize that hair, girl!"  Oh yes, these are familiar words of advice to me now.  I have found a great hair product for Alethia's hair.  It's lotion for the hair ya'll.  I'm only hitting the tip of the ice burg with this new found knowledge, and ready or not, I'm gonna be learning a ton more.  (Thanks, Tashia, for the help:)

10 - I may be totally out of my element and completely frazzled and exhausted, and I may have had a few exasperated melt-down moments in this short week, but I really wouldn't have it any other way.  We are finding a new normal and continuing to lean on God because this 37-week pregnant mama doesn't have any left of her own to give.  But God ya'll, He is so good and He knows what I need, and what my kids need from me...can I get an AMEN!

2 comments:

Karen said...

AMEN - You are a good mama - it shows in your children. Don't try to be perfect and enjoy them while they are little. They will be grown before you know it.

Stacey said...

Amen. =)